Programs we Offer
The Aluta Continua Educational Symposium
A program designed to deepen appreciation among UCLA stakeholders for the political activism, cultural agency and scholarship of Arthur Wina, Ben Magubane, Mazisi Kunene, Tim Ngubeni and other Bruins in “the quest for true humanity’. In partnership with the Southern Africa Task Force (SATF), BHF hosted the inaugural Aluta Continua Educational Symposium at the UCLA Fowler Museum on Saturday, May 18, 2013. Our next event is scheduled for May 20-22.
Start w/ Art: Storytelling, Student Empowerment and Social Change
A program designed to help participants better appreciate the value of storytelling and their impact on our society. The workshops we conduct for community members of all ages, focuses on writing narrative verse and using the “story tree” as a metaphor for life:
- The roots can represent timelines
- The trunk can represent a mission and/or vision statement
- The branches can represent goals and objectives
- The leaves can represent the resources needed to achieve or fulfill the mission, vision, goals and objectives
- The flowers and fruit can represent the desired outcomes.